Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chard & Caramelized Onion Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust, Fresh Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese


Finally the chard in my garden is big enough to eat. I decided I wanted to try making a pizza with it. This won't be the most detailed recipe because, well I didn't really measure anything at all. It's a pizza though, you can eyeball it. I know you can.

I used:

1 ball of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
1/2 onion
1 Bunch of Chard Chopped
Handful of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Mozzarella
Ricotta Cheese
Fresh Ground Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 450
First I made some Garlic infused Olive oil by heating some olive oil & the four cloves of garlic in a pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the garlic was soft.
Then I removed the garlic and mushed it up with a fork.
I brushed the oil on the pizza crust and then spread the mushed up garlic on top of that.
Then I caramelized the onions and spread them on.
Next I took a handful of shredded Mozz cheese and sprinkled that on top of the onions.
Saute the chard until it's just wilted and spread it evenly on top of the shredded mozzarella
Finally I just put dots of Ricotta and Fresh Mozzarella all over and cooked it for 15 minutes
Top with freshly ground salt & pepper and serve with a salad

No comments:

Post a Comment