Friday, August 7, 2009

Fried Green Tomato BLT's


My garden is full of green tomatoes so last night I decided to put them to good use. I probably shortened my life span a bit my eating this sandwich, but it was totally worth it. Oooooh Yum!!

Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches)

2 Kaiser Rolls
10 strips of bacon
2 big green tomatoes
2 eggs
1 cup of cornmeal
Salt & pepper
Vegetable Oil
Lettuce
Mayo


Fry bacon in a deep frying pan. Remove and put on a plate with paper towels to soak up the grease.

I just left the bacon fat in the pan and added some vegetable oil to it. I don't know how much oil was in there just eye ball it.

Next slice your green tomatoes into 1/4 of an inch thick slices. Dip in egg, then in cornmeal/salt/pepper mixture. Fry them until they are crunchy and a nice golden brown.

Toast your kaiser rolls and spread mayo on the top if you like (which I do)

Assemble sandwiches like this: FGT, Bacon, Lettuce

It's a good thing i'm out of bacon because I would totally be making this for lunch today.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about this ever since you posted it. :) Of course i don't eat bacon (vegetarian) but fried green tomato sandwich sounds so good! i've never used corn meal with my fried greens either, so i'm eager to try that! Keep up the great post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always use that fake bacon :)

    ReplyDelete