Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter


This is an "Eating Well" recipe that I just made a few changes too. It came out very well and was quick and easy. You can make your own Gnocchi or buy the shelf staple kind that is located in the "Italian" section of the grocery store. Sorry about the weird gaps in the recipe when I added in the things I changed it made me double space. I'm too lazy to figure out how to change that at the moment.


1 pound gnocchi

2 tablespoons butter
2 medium shallots, chopped

3 Cloves Garlic chopped

1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise (I used a vegetable peeler and just made strips)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until they float, 3 to 5 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots, Garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, Basil and parsley. Add the gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. yummy! I will so be making this delicious recipe soon!
    Joline

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good one! Scott even ate it cold (but I wouldn't recommend that cold gnocchi seems weird to me)

    ReplyDelete