Friday, July 24, 2009

Spaghetti with Zucchini, Summer Squash and Cherry Tomatoes in a Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce

Everything I make this week seems to contain cherry tomatoes, and this recipe is no different. I went and threw this together on my own, and both Scott and I were pleased with the results. Although when I was chopping everything up I was wishing I had some asparagus. I think next time I will add some.

1/2 Box of Spaghetti
1 Tbl Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic minced
1/2 a big onion chopped (i used yellow)
1 Small Zucchini Chopped
1 Small Summer Squash Chopped
1 Pint Cherry tomatoes halved
1 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
5 oz Goat Cheese
1 Cup reserved pasta water
1 tsp salt
Fresh Cracked pepper to taste

While pasta is boiling in a salted pot saute Garlic & onion in oil for a minute, then add Zucchini and Summer Squash. Saute until soft.
Drain Pasta reserving one cup of water.
Return Pasta to the pot and add the sauteed veggies, tomatoes and basil & some fresh cracked pepper
In a separate bowl whisk together Goat Cheese, pasta water and salt until smooth
Pour sauce on pasta and toss to mix
Let sit for a few minutes to thicken.

We added some grated parmesan cheese to ours once it was plated.

No comments:

Post a Comment