Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lemon Cheese Pie with Blueberry Compote

Ok so it's not dinner, but it can certainly be for after dinner! Right?

Scott and I went out to dinner a few nights ago and the dessert was Lemon Cheese Pie with Blueberry Compote. When I took the first bite it reminded me of a pie my Grandmother used to make. I saw her today and asked her about it. It's the most remarkably easy dessert I think i've ever made.


Grammy's Lemon Cheese Pie (with Tara's blueberry compote)

1 Package Cream Cheese
1 Can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
1 Graham Cracker Crust

Compote
2 1/2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

Mix Cream Cheese & Condensed Milk together with a hand mixer until almost smooth. Add lemon juice and continue mixing until all of the lumps are out.
Pour into Crust
Let set in fridge for a few hours

Compote
Heat Blueberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer until blueberries start to pop. Remove from stove.

I spoon the compote over each piece as it's served. Grammy uses that pie filling in the can and she puts it all over the top and it seems to hold up fine.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Can't wait to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mouth is totally watering right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys like it! We just finished ours last night and i'm going to put the rest of the compote over blueberry pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete